Monday, March 9, 2009

San Francisco Beach

Thanks for the push Surly-Mac! the sun today put me in the mood to finish this painting.
I'm still messing around with the font colors, can't make up my mind, just want it to be easy to read...any input would be appreciated

This scene is on our Birthday, March 12th 1951, my mom took us to Playland and the San Francisco Beach. We always went there on weekends and ate at the Cliff House...mom had moved us to San Francisco where she worked at KNBC and then at Fiberboard Paper Products(my sister and I both worked at Fiberboard later on, where the image of me ended up on the SunMaid Raisin box)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Your painting makes me so home-sick for my Home-Country of California! Being a political refugee is a lonely business at times... (boo-hoo! what a cry-baby I am...)

    Glad you're back and this work is terrific.

    ReplyDelete