Friday, February 20, 2009

First Christmas in America



I wanted to document this particular time Christmas 1950, our first Christmas in America...I do remember it because my mom asked if we could have a small tree. Of course there where no good trees to pick from a day before Xmas. All the trees left here small and dry, by the time we reached home most all the needles where gone...so now I recognize this tree to be a Charlie Brown Tree...my mom had made a couple of cutout paper ornaments and hung them.
We received a small gift box with miniature plastic furniture and we each got a Mr.Peanut filled with little candies. So making the best out of a situation we learned to appreciate everything, even the smallest of things...as a child it was an important lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment