Saturday, February 7, 2009

on the steps of Gross Stein Castle

I will be doing these in tonal because I can't remember this time in my life in color, when I was about five I started to remember things in color...maybe these photos have something to do with it...I don't know.
This painting was actually done a few days ago...scene is on the steps of
Gross Stein Castle...showing my father, me and my sister, we are about 2 years old...it amazed me to see that we where all dressed in nice clothing including a cap with sox and shoes, this during the war. My dad has his arm in a sling, I asked my mom once if he was wounded , she said no, that he had sores on his arm...how funny. These images are from small photos that I have, some can be viewed in my Squidoo lens. This one starting out with the sketch, then laid down some color...finishing the painting...well at least I think it's finished...a little touch up I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment