Friday, February 13, 2009

first day of school

Yesterday was a busy day so didn't paint, then last night we where invited to a dress rehearsal comedy Musical Play, "Mid Life Crisis" where my dear friend and fellow artist Larry Schultz performed...not only does he perform in plays he also paints the stage scenery...so talented. The play was so funny and the laughing and smiling for two hours probably caused me to have more facial wrinkles...but it feels sooo good to laugh!
OK, the sun came out for an hour and I scrambled to paint...because I was in such a hurry I forgot to Gesso the board, and decided to gesso over the drawing...then completed my painting.

Here sis and I are standing in front of a Brune(water trough for the cattle) having our photo taken for the first day of school. In Germany you get this huge tube filled with candy, and a leather bag you wear on your back filled with school supplies...you can barely see it on my sister(R) the sponge rag hanging out of the pack.
I want to note, eventhough these paintings are tonal, I can remember the colors of the outfits we wore...odd cause I can barely remember what I did an hour ago...

1 comment:

  1. Delia, I love these paintings! They truly have a sense of time and place to them, are wonderfully intimate, and it looks as though you are enjoying making them, which is 1/2 the battle of doing daily/regular work.

    Thanks for sharing your work!!

    ReplyDelete